Post-therapy course after steroids
In bodybuilding and strength sports, in order to reduce side effects and complications after taking steroid hormones or prohormones, post-course therapy is used – a complex of drugs and sports supplements. When consuming large doses of hormones or taking two or more anabolic drugs at the same time, post-course therapy is especially important. Despite the fact that this therapy is after a cycle of steroids, it is very important to take some components from the very beginning of the cycle, although they are not formally included in the composition.
Objectives of post-course therapy
- Restoration of the natural hormonal background – maintaining the gained muscle mass
- Combating the phenomenon of recoil
- Prevention of feminization (gynecomastia).
- Preventing testicular atrophy and oligospermia
- Prevention and reduction of other side effects.
The main components of PCT
Antiestrogens are divided into two classes:
- Estrogen receptor blockers (Tamoxifen, Clomiphene) or Toremifene – after the end of the course for 2-3 weeks, to restore the secretion of testosterone. These drugs occupy a key position and are extremely important. Apply after courses of any complexity.
- Aromatase inhibitors (Letrozole, Anastrozole and others) – during the course, to block estrogenic effects, if aromatized drugs are used (testosterone, Sustanon, methandrostenolone and very slightly – boldenone and fluoxymesterone). Proviron according to many is a weak aromatase inhibitor.
Chorionic gonadotropin – prevents testicular atorophy and desensitization of Leydig cells. It is recommended to apply on heavy courses, lasting more than 6 weeks. The introduction begins at 2-4 weeks of the course (or the last 3-5 weeks) and continues until an anabolic drug is removed, then a switch to estrogen receptor blockers occurs.
Cabergoline (Dostinex) – an inhibitor of prolactin secretion. Used on a course of progestin drugs (nandrolone, trenbolone), which increases the level of prolactin, which leads to most of the side effects of these drugs. Usually taken in a dose of 0.25 mg every 4 days throughout the course.
- Hepatoprotectors – used to protect the liver from the toxic effects of certain steroids. The start of admission is 2 week cycle, the end – 3 week after cycle. Some prefer to apply them after the course. In the West, this class of drugs is not considered at all seriously, since the effectiveness is poorly proven.
- Testosterone boosters – help restore hormones. The beginning of the reception occurs at the time of complete elimination of steroids and continues for another 2-3 weeks with a gradual decrease in dose.
- Cortisol blockers – these supplements suppress catabolism and preserve muscle as much as possible from destruction. The start of taking these supplements should fall at the end of the course of steroids and last 3-4 weeks. Unfortunately, there are practically no highly effective means in this category. Compulsory: ascorbic acid, protein, BCAA.
- Omega-3 – to normalize the lipid profile and cholesterol level, protect the heart and blood vessels. Accepted for the entire course and another 2 weeks after it.
Growth Hormone and Peptides – provide an excellent effect for preserving gained muscle mass, and at the same time alleviate the symptoms of anxiety, depression and cardiovascular complications after a cycle of anabolic steroids. Due to the high cost of these drugs, they are not always included in the course therapy after. As an example, Jintropin Europharm. A standard course of growth hormone is performed on time or after completion of taking AAS.